Thursday, June 19, 2008

So far...

Well, I'm in Utah. Vernal to be exact, and my highlights (and lowlights) from the 15 hours of driving so far include:

1. Listening to Jaxton ask if we were there yet about 25 minutes after we left Tulsa.
2. Watching a REAL high speed chase in the middle of Kansas in my rear view mirror. The police threw those spikey things in the road right after I passed them, the car swerved to miss them and everything, it was awesome!! They caught him, don't worry.
3. Having Daniel call about every hour to see what gas mileage we were getting in the minivan and how it was running (approximately 22 mph and it's practically brand new dude).
4. Seeing a chocolate covered twinkie in a candy store in Steamboat Springs. Still kicking myself for not buying it and eating the dang thing.
5. Getting a speeding ticket in the middle of butt nowhere Colorado by the ONLY cop that we passed in the entire state of Colorado. Come on buddy, I was only going 80 in a 65 and NOBODY else was even on the road, well except for you. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I'll keep you posted. Loves to all back in Oklahoma, keep me posted if anything exciting happens (Fig, you better post a blonde picture asap on the map). Can't wait to see my chums in Utah and get Daniel's sister hitched in California. Good times to be had!!! HOORAY for everything!!

6 comments:

faith said...

sounds like fun times! glad the drive went well for you. did you do the whole drive in one day? or did yous top somewhere?

brit said...

Come in and see my while you're here! I work mornings now.

Katie said...

Yea I am glad you are here! I just read your 100 things about you...you crack me up. Can't wait to see you.

Anna-Lena and Eric said...

We are comig to UT on Wed so I will call you. tell Daniel Happy Birthday too. Can't wait to see you.

Emily said...

miss your blogging:)

Molly Bea said...

Where are you dear girl?