Saturday, May 17, 2008

Adventures of the Passer Outer

Yes, the passer outer would be me and yes, I did it again this week. It's usually only a problem when I am sick or I get hurt pretty bad. It's something that I have always dealt with and something that I am used to and it isn't until I pass out around people who haven't ever experienced that themselves that I am reminded of how weird it actually is. I'm super freaky:)!! But since I'm thinking about it, I'll share my passing out adventures with you because some of them are actually pretty stinkin' funny! Most the time seizures occur as well, but I think those have kind of died down with age.

*When I was little my dad was the neighborhood jungle gym. All the neighborhood kids would come over and he would throw us up in the air and catch us by our ankles. It was all fun and games until he missed my ankles one time and dropped me on my head about 1 inch from the concrete sidewalk. I'm pretty sure that's when I started these fun little episodes and I'm pretty sure that my mom threatened to kill him if he had killed me while they were on their way to the emergency room. As soon as I came to, my dad passed out, I think it kind of runs in the genes.

*I passed out once in the bathtub when I was sick and scared the poopies out of my mom.

*I passed out in my grandma's blazer once when I was sick and scared the poopies out of her.

*I passed out in 1st grade because I was sick and wouldn't stay home from school. I just loved it too much.

*I passed out in 1st or 2nd grade because we were practicing for a school performance and I had my knees locked for too long.

*I passed out in 4th grade on the playground because we were playing the whip game and I got whipped and hit the ground at full speed, it hurt.

*I passed out getting moles removed from my chest because I saw the needle.

*I almost passed out giving a shot to an orange in my Physiology class, that is when my dream of being a nurse was dashed.

*My sophomore year of high school I had a broken tailbone (I actually did not pass out when that happened because some stupid kid pulled my chair out from under me, sorry back to the point which is Hooray for me!) I decided that I was going to go sledding anyway cause I didn't want to miss out on anything fun. I put the blue donut that I had to sit on down my ski pants, (not realizing that it would totally deflate in the cold weather) and away I went. I happened to hit the only bump on the entire hill and came down right on my broken tailbone. My friend Collin Kartchner was there at the bottom with me and as I was blacking out I told him, "Collin I'm fainting, I'm fainting." He thought I was dying so he called for help but all of our friends at the top of the hill thought that he was kidding and that we had the whole joke planned so they all just laughed at him and he started doing CPR on me. This is a true story and technically I guess he was my first kiss :)!!!

*I passed out once because Bowdy hugged me so hard. I'm pretty sure that scared the poopies out of him too.

*I passed out at the Wilkinson Center at BYU right on the steps because I stepped wrong and sprained my ankle. I was with my BFF Molly at the time and I'm pretty sure we were going to try to go spy on Daniel. Anyway I told her that I was passing out and she said to me, "No you can't, I don't know what to do!" The EMT's came to help.

*I passed out last Thanksgiving on the way home from California because I had a sinus infection and when the airplane was descending my eyeballs felt like they were seriously popping out of my head and I was gone. Thank goodness Daniel was there to hold me while I was out.

*And last but not least, Monday I passed out while we were at the hospital for Blaykli's second eye surgery, and again later that day after I got up to put Blaykli on our bed. I've never done a two banger before so needless to say, it's pretty much been a waste of a week but I'm finally feeling better, thank goodness.

*I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I'm remembering at the time. I have yet to pass out while delivering a child which is a huge accomplishment for me and I've figured out that if I ever have to give blood if I lay down while they are doing it, I'm usually OK.

10 comments:

Bethany said...

Wow, good times, Natalie.

Fig said...

Dude, I really want to see this happen.

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melanie said...

I can't stop laughing about you almost passing out from giving a shot to an orange, that is an awesome story. I'm sorry about how often it happens though, scary!

Molly Bea said...

OH my gosh girl! Stop it right now! That scares me so badly and the memories are flooding back! I can't believe two in one day. And more than that I can't believe you've gone through childbirth twice without passing out. I went through it twice and WANTED to passed out! I warned Daniel....whether he remembers or not. PS how did B's surgery go?

Anonymous said...

my gosh kid!!! thanks for the good laugh! It sounds like Daniel handels it like a true man! haha take it easy and no more passing out!!!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Natalie...I have the same problem. I am a nurse and I worked in the NICU. I was feeding a preemie in her isolette. I had to have a "gown" on, gloves, mask and so forth. Anyway I could feel it coming on and there was nothing I could do but gently lay the baby down and I guess after that I collapse, because the next thing I knew I was lying on the floor and the other nurses and doctors were around me. I was so embarrassed. Also I almost fainted in the temple during the prayer circle. I made it to a chair and got my head between my legs before I totally went out. Embarrassing!!!

Natalie said...

Figaro-Daniel will gladly trade you places next time it happens! Melanie, I could just feel the oranges pain and it was all I could handle!
Molly, you need to call Fig and let her know it really isn't that exciting to witness so she doesn't purposely do something to induce one!!!
Michelle, I love the temple story. I can totally see that happening to me someday, oh dear!

Dusty and Carol said...

Natalie - As I was "blog surfing" I somehow found your blog. Your children are very adorable. I can't believe how much you look like your mom - you guys are all so cute. I couldn't believe your sister is 24 - I think she was 12 last time I saw her. She is very pretty. - - - I just wanted to say hi and tell you your family is adorable.

Emily Frame said...

collin is my brother, and i totally remember him telling me the sledding story! nice to put a face with the infamous name!