Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Levi Luttman

I've waiting to post this story because it might be one of those stories that you had to be there but I can't stop laughing about it, and it's been a week and a half, so I'm thinking it's time to share. When we were down in OKC we stayed up half the night talking and this was the funniest compilation of stories ever... It started with a question about high school love or something from "The Chick Game" and Lacey #1 started telling us a story about how she was snuggling on a tramp with this guy when she was a freshman or sophomore and one of her friends saw her and went and told her Young Women's leader. So at church the next Sunday the very inappropriate (I might add) Young Women's leader started talking to them about morality but she was telling them things like "You should never go into the freezer section of the grocery store because boys will be turned on," etc. etc. (is that a joke?) She even went so far as to tell them about "Levi Lovin" (that is the Utah phrase for something else, if you can't figure it out e-mail me and I will fill you in). Anyway, so we were all laughing our heads off in disbelief because poor Lacey said at the time she had no idea what her leader was talking about and everybody was staring at her because she was the only one with a boyfriend. Then we all started laughing about the phrase "Levi Lovin" because our California friends had never heard of that. Then Michelle piped in and started telling us about a guy she dated named Levi Luttman. He called her once and said, "Hi this is Levi Luttman." It must have been in some seductive voice because she said that she just started yelling at him, "Is this some kind of a sick joke, I have no idea what you are talking about, don't you ever call me again you sicko," and so on. She said that after she got done yelling it all just clicked and this Levi Luttman was on the other end of the phone just wondering what in the crap he had said to make her so upset. To make matters worse, he wasn't a member of the Church so she couldn't explain to him WHY she was so upset or WHAT it was that she thought he had said. I'm pretty sure I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants!!!! Hooray for good times and good laughs! I love my crazy friends!!!!

******A few clarifications****** Just in case Levi ever googles his name and sees this little ditty pop up, Michele asked me to clarify a few things: #1. Levi is one good looking specimen :) according to Michele and she was quite fond of him and #2. She met Levi and was excited for him to call her but he was shy and waited 5 weeks to do so, so this phone call occured the first time that he did call her to ask her out. I think that pretty much rules out the seductive voice theory that I had!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Nat,

Ok i am from Calli so i have any idea what LEvi Lovin is...but i am old so refesh my old cobweb brain.

Natalie said...

Juls,
If I tell you on my blog I may have to rate it PG 13 so IM me next time you see me on there and we can discuss :)!!! Love you!

Julie said...

Ok friend. Love you too.