Monday, April 21, 2008

Time Out for Women in OKC

Last weekend was a blast! A group of 7 of us from the ward (it was suppose to be 10 but I won't get into that other than to say BOOOOO once again) went down to Time Out for Women and totally enjoyed ourselves. For those of you who don't know what Time Out for Women is, it's a Mormon thing, kind of like a mini Education Week that Deseret Book puts on each year in different locations. There are speakers and singers and the best part is, it's only for women!

We got there Friday afternoon and checked into our Hotel Room and then went and walked around Bricktown and had Abuello's for Liner. Speaking of Abuello's their Avocado Enchiladas are the bomb and I'm not even that big of a fan of avocados. Friday night Michael McLean did a little mini concert and we listened to Kim ______ (I can't remember his last name). But one question he asked us that I would like to ask all of you is this: "If you saw a mother treating her daughter the way you treat yourself, what kind of a mother would you think she was??" Think about that for awhile and start loving yourselves sisters!!! Heavenly Father has confidence in us, do we have confidence in ourselves?

After Friday nights activities we went to The Melting Pot for dessert and I'm pretty sure that I had a little taste of Heaven in that Banana Foster White Chocolate that I had. YUMMM is all I have to say and yes, I licked my plate clean even after all of the dippers were gone.

It was delicious!!!! My tummy was happy!!! So were Lacey's lips!!!

We went back to our Hotel and got into our Jammies and stayed up talking until the wee hours of the morning, it was so fun getting to know so much about each other, we just didn't want to go to sleep.

Saturday was a day full of Hilary Weeks (she has a new CD coming out in September that is going to be awesome) and more wonderful speakers. The spirit was strong, it was fantastic!

Heather, Pat, Michele, Susanna, Me, Kristen, Lacey, and Melissa

I also saw Annette and Kim, some of my best chums that I love to death...

These were my favorite purchases, since I always seem to share

How excited am I to read this...

How great is this going to look hanging in my kitchen...

To finish off our fabulous weekend we decided to stop by the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial since Saturday was the 13th anniversary of the tragic incident. The Spirit there was strong as well and it was interesting to learn more about it since I was only a Freshman in High School at the time and I didn't even know where Oklahoma was.


Thanks for the fun weekend girls, I love you all!!!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Bleh. I suppose I'm glad you had fun and all, but still. Bleh. Stupid stomach flus.

Anonymous said...

it looks like you guys had a blast!!!! fun fun fun

Molly Bea said...

So fun! I'm so SOOO ready to get back to normal life and do some girl things already! Last night I went to Claire's with Ash while Trev and Jayd were in Giggles (that store you loved) I had to get a present for my friend's little girls, but I can't tell you how nice it was to do something by myself (well, with Ash) OUT OF THE HOUSE! seirously.