Thursday, January 29, 2009

He was interesting...

I ventured into a liquor store today, first time in my 28 year old existence. Having Jaxton home from school that last 3 days because of the ice storm has put me over the edge. Ha! JUST KIDDING, I went in to get some gold tequila for this scrumptious recipe. (Sorry I couldn't wait for you Fig, the craving was killing me)

There was a sign on the door that told me to "Smile, because I was on camera," so I did! Then I walked in and turned a few circles feeling a little bit dizzy and completely overwhelmed.

I didn't even try to find it myself I just went right to the counter...

Me: "Do you have any gold tequila and if so where would it be?"

Counter Guy: looking at me like I just asked a really stupid question, "Right over here, do you need a specific brand?"

Me: "No, it's for cooking purposes."

Counter Guy:"That's what they all say."

Me: "Actually this is my first time in a liquor store."

Counter Guy: "You must be a Baptist."

Me: "Nope, I'm a Mormon actually."

Counter Guy: "Oh, I worked with a Mormon for 6 years, he was.....(long pause)....interesting."

Me: biting my tongue and thinking "What in the crap is that suppose to mean?"

Counter Guy: "My dad was a Baptist minister while I was growing up."

Me: biting my tongue and thinking again: "Well what in the heck are you doing working in a liquor store?"

The joys of Oklahoma tack.


And by the way that Shiz STINKS!!!

5 comments:

Fig said...

Tact is overrated anyway.

And you can't even have tequila right now, prego!

Natalie said...

It only calls for 2 Tbls. and most of it burned out so I took my chances. Jarvis loved it by the way!

The Romneys said...

Natalie you crack me up!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

the shiz stunk...what about what you cooked?

Natalie said...

It stunk while it was burning out and made me a little whoozy but it was ALL GOOD!! :)